Monday, July 12, 2010

Review: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner By Stephenie Meyer
Eclipse Novella (part of Twilight saga)

Link goes to and description from Goodreads.com

"Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character first introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits.

In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.


Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood... life before she became a vampire.

All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don't draw attention to yourself and, above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn't know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out.

Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they know only as "her". As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger than anything they could have imagined, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trust. But when everything you know about vampires is based on a lie, how do you find the truth?"

**My rating: 4/5**

*My short but sweet review*
Meyer does it again! She is an awesome story teller, and she builds characters that I am attached to, and place emotional investment in. I went into this book a little skeptical and angry, because I would rather have a copy of Midnight Sun in my hands, but what can you do, right? But I was able to connect with Bree- and I loved her romance with Diego. Yes, its another love at first sparkle, but that is okay with me. Even knowing how the story ends, I still found myself rooting for her, wishing that somehow her and Diego could get away and have their own little HEA.
And Fred-- such a lovely little addition. I am glad that he survived and I find myself wishing I could know more of his story!

I would love to hear what you think! Feel free to link your review and I will read and comment!

3 comments:

  1. I don't like much of SM's writing but I picked it up because I read the series. Here are my thoughts:

    http://yayreads.blogspot.com/2010/07/short-second-life-of-bree-tanner-by.html

    nice review, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I'm glad you liked it. I personally did not, but I really really wish I had. :/

    Anywho, here's my review:
    http://anotherbookjunkie.blogspot.com/2010/06/review-short-second-life-of-bree-tanner.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book. Bree and Diego were so cute together. Now I feel like rereading it. Thanks for sharing the lovely review!^^

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)