Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: Mercy by Rebecca Lim

Mercy by Rebecca Lim
Mercy by Rebecca Lim
There's something very wrong with me. I can't remember who I am or how old I am, or even how I got here. All I know is that when I wake up, I could be any one. It is always this way. There's nothing I can keep with me that will stay. It's made me adaptable. I must always re-establish ties. I must tread carefully or give myself away. I must survive.
Mercy doesn't realise it yet, but as she journeys into the darkest places of the human soul, she discovers that she is one of the celestial host exiled with fallen angel, Lucifer. Now she must atone for taking his side. To find her own way back to heaven, Mercy must help a series of humans in crisis and keep the unwary from getting caught up in the games that angels play. Ultimately she must choose between her immortal companion, Lucifer, and a human boy who risks everything for her love.\
Published: Oct 28 2010
1st in series
Source: Hyperion Disney

My review:

   Mercy is a mystery through and through, and kept me guessing the entire time.
   I read the blurb first, but it took me awhile, even longer than Mercy as Carmen did to figure out what was going on. I enjoyed reading it, and it was a great story but I was confused a lot.
   There are great characters, either that I could relate with and love like Carmen and Ryan, and the characters that were wonderfully written to make me hate them so bad.
   If you like mysteries and want a new twist on angels, this is the story for you.

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Mercy. It sounds really interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one though it stinks that you were confused so much. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep getting so confused with this one since I've seen so many different covers for it and I forget it's all the same story. While I don't really enjoy being confused while reading, the characters sound well done and that's always the most important part for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is on my book shelf right now, too! I like a good mystery and I was hoping it would twist the angel plot line a little (I've possibly read too many angel stories lately). I'll have to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you enjoyed it! I was able to read this one recently and really liked it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review. I requested this one on Netgalley and didn't realize it was already out! I love a good mystery so I'll have to get my hands on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant review! This book sounds amazing!
    And Beastly is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, sounds freaky and great, I would read it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I def think it's me and mysteries that I was confused.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really excited for this one! Can't wait to read Mercy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love mysteries! I'm sure I will like Mercy. Thanks for the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review! I don't really read too many mysteries, but this one sounds great - I love when a book constantly keeps you guessing, and well-written characters are probably what's most important for whether or not I like a book. I'm adding this to my wihslist!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)