Monday, January 4, 2016

Review: This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp


This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
10:00 a.m.
The principal of Opportunity, Alabama's high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.
10:02 a.m.
The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.
10:03
The auditorium doors won't open.
10:05
Someone starts shooting.
Told over the span of 54 harrowing minutes from four different perspectives, terror reigns as one student's calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.
GR
Publishes in US: January 5th 2016 by Sourcebooks Fire
Genre: ya contemp
Source: earc via netgalley
Disclaimer: I received this book as an ARC (advanced review copy). I am not paid for this review, and my opinions in this review are mine, and are not effected by the book being free
Series? no

Author stalk away: ~site 

 


I wanted to read this is where it ends because I'm interested and tough subjects and the issue of school shootings is always been something of interest to me.

This one has a lot of points of view and honestly it took me longer than I expect there wanted to to connect with the characters and to really distinguish them as individuals and remember how they all connected to one another. Once I did though, it made it even more powerful, the sibling connections and how they were displayed in both loving and protective as well as examining how others failed and felt lonely, The focus on the friends and worried about those inside, and the heroics of those few who weren't in the school at the time was great to read about.

But this one definitely did demonstrate how tragedy can really bring people together we see a lot of different people from the school trying to protect others and trying to get help and trying to figure out the best way to calm down Tyler who is the shooter.

The ending was well done, I liked how even though it was laced with grief, there was some hope.

Bottom Line: Emotional and powerful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)